Environmental Clean Technologies Limited’s directors and management are committed to conducting the Company’s business ethically and in accordance with high standards of corporate governance in compliance with the ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (2007).
Audit and Risk Committee Charter
The primary responsibility of the Audit and Risk Committee is to oversee the Company’s financial reporting processes on behalf of the Board and report the results of its activities to the Board.
The Board of Directors is responsible for the Company’s financial reports including the appropriateness of the accounting policies and principles that are used by the Company. The external auditors are responsible for auditing the company’s financial reports and for reviewing the Company’s interim financial reports.
Nominations & Remuneration
The nomination and remuneration committee is a committee of the board established by the board in accordance with Principle 8 of the ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations.
Continuous Disclosure Policy
As a listed public company, Environmental Clean Technologies Limited (the Company) is required to comply with a continuous disclosure obligation contained in the Listing Rules of Australian Stock Exchange Limited (ASX). This continuous disclosure obligation is complemented by requirements under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Corporations Act).
The Company is committed to compliance with its continuous disclosure obligation in the spirit of the Listing Rules of the ASX and the corporate governance best practice recommendations made by the ASX Corporate Governance Council.
Securities Trading Policy
The purpose of this policy is to explain the type of conduct that is prohibited under the Corporations Act, which is applicable to all directors, executives, employees and contractors of Environmental Clean Technologies Limited or its subsidiaries; and establish a best practice procedure relating to buying and selling securities that provides protection to both the Company and employees against the misuse of unpublished information which could materially affect the value of securities.
Download (PDF): Securities Trading Policy
Code of Conduct
We, the Board and staff of Environmental Clean Technologies Limited (‘the Company‘), seek to maintain the highest standards of corporate behavior. When representing the Company, our objective is to comply with the following minimum standards in our relationships with our clients, each other, the Company and with all those with whom we work.
We intend to comply with the law.
We will seek to know and understand the laws and rules which affect or relate to our activities, and notify the relevant parties of any known failure to comply with these laws or rules.
We will seek to maintain a culture of active compliance with these laws and rules and will provide the appropriate channels to our staff and shareholders to assist with maintaining this culture, including:
- Internal Company Compliance – Email to the Chair of Audit and Risk Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finance Professionals – http://asic.gov.au/for-finance-professionals/market-infrastructure-licensees/
- General enquiries – http://asic.gov.au/about-asic/contact-us/how-can-we-help-you/
- ASX – http://www.asx.com.au/regulation/rules/asx-listing-rules.htm
- Chi-X – http://cmsau.chi-x.com/COMPLIANCE.aspx
We intend to act honestly and with integrity.
For us, integrity means doing the right thing and behaving properly even if no one were to know we had done the wrong thing or acted improperly.
We will not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct, including unacceptable tendering practices, and falsifying or wrongly withholding information.
We intend to treat all persons and the community with dignity and respect.
For us this means:
- respecting the community (and the laws and standards relating to the environment) within which we work;
- providing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment within which to work;
- providing the opportunity for our people to develop and enhance their skills and knowledge;
- not discriminating against any person on the basis of age, sex, race, nationality, religion, political opinion or personal characteristics.
- Ensuring a workplace free of harassment, bullying intimidation or violence.
We will endeavor not to place ourselves in situations which result in conflicts of interest. For us, conflicts of interest may arise:
- when our private interests conflict directly or indirectly with our obligations to the Company;
- when we receive benefits from a person doing or seeking to do business with the Company which is not in the best interests of the Company;
- where a mutual interest constitutes a related party transaction.
In relation to conflict of interest, the company maintains a policy of Avoid and where we cant avoid, then Disclose and Manage.
The company expects all of our advisers and contractors to also adopt this policy.
We intend to use the Company’s assets (including funds, equipment and information) responsibly and only in the best interest of the Company.
- We will use Company funds and equipment only for Company business purposes and not for our personal benefit
- We will respect the proprietary character of confidential information concerning or owned by the Company or its clients and not disclose it without proper authorisation.
We accept responsibility and are accountable for our actions.
We take responsibility for the way in which we perform our functions and fully report the results of our actions to the Company
Download (PDF): ESI Constitution
Download (PDF): Appendix 4G & Corporate Governance Statement