Environmental Clean Technologies Limited (ASX: ESI) (ECT or Company) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Lloyd Thomson to the Board as a Non-Executive Director, effective from 22 August 2013.
Mr. Thomson brings to ECT a strong commercial background and extensive experience as follows:
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA)
- Founder and former partner of WHK Thomsons, the largest regional accounting firm in country Victoria
- Former Commissioner of the amalgamated Mildura Rural City Council 1995-97
- Former Chairman of Sunraysia Development Corporation, Thomsons Agribusiness Limited, Sunraysia Regional Advisory Board, Sunraysia Growers Advisory Group, Inland Advisory Group Association
- Founder of Sunraysia Permanent Building Society
- Former Member of Bendigo Bank’s Northern Regional Advisory Board for 6 years
- Inaugural Chairman of Mildura Airport Pty Ltd from 2008 to 2012
- Recipient of the North West Victorian of the Year 1997
- Chairman and owner of Arumpo Bentonite Pty Ltd, a company that operates the largest open cut bentonite mine in Australia.
Mr. Thomson is also the Company’s single largest shareholder, recently increasing his stake in the Company to approximately six percent.
Managing Director Ashley Moore stated, “Mr. Thomson brings extensive business management experience, a broad understanding of finance and capital markets as well as risk management skills to the Board. We’re very pleased to add his valuable skill-set to the Board as we advance our commercialisation strategy.”
For further information contact:
Ashley Moore – Managing Director +61 3 9909 7684 or firstname.lastname@example.org